I was working on my mid-year review at work, and it reminded me about goals setting, where I am at this point of the year, and where I want to be by the end of the year.
I decided to apply that to my crafting… here are the goals that I want to reach by the end of 2013.
1. Get the Etsy store open. Did I tell you that I finished my first purchase? It was a custom order for a friend that started off as a FB request. I turned it into an Etsy custom order. More on that in the near future.
2. Buy plastic card holders. I plan on making card sets as Christmas gifts, AND card sets for the Etsy store. I just need to find a good (and by good, I mean CHEAP) supplier.. any suggestions?!
3. Make cards. Lots of cards. I want inventory for my store. I want enough cards to make sets for gifts and for the store. I just need to make cards.
4. Look into the possibility of making videos. I revamped my personal Youtube account. I deleted all the old videos I made, which were just junk to begin with. I want to start fresh. I want to look into making tutorials and/or process videos. Looking into the possibilities is a start…
5. I want to have at least ONE more sale in my store. Just one more isn’t asking for much.
Now I can go into much more detail and try to set dates to each individual goal. But I’m not going to do that yet. I know if I did, it would help drive me more to finishing them, but working full time and being a full time wife and mother, it’s really hard to do. I don’t want it to feel like a chore by setting strict dates. But on the other hand, if I don’t get close to these goals, it’s going to feel really sad in the end.
Oh.. the double edged sword.
How do you balance your crafty goals with everything else in your life?!