I’ve been playing with picmonkey.com in hopes to find a way to edit photos to make them more “blog friendly.
Here is an example of a card making process edited using picmonkey.
1. I started with a 4in x 8in rectangle of my shimmery purple cardstock. I folded it in half to make a 4in x 4 in square card.
2. I had some leftover patterned paper from when I had made my daughter’s banner during her baptism. The patterned paper is from My Mind’s Eye Lime Twist and is called Happy Go Lucky “Happy” Blooms Paper. I cut the paper down to 3.75in x 3.75in and adhered it right onto the card base using my ATG gun. I love that thing.
3. I took a piece of leftover teal shimmery cardstock from the wedding favor project and a piece of white scrap cardstock from Paper Source to make a little banner. I forget the exact dimensions. I don’t think I really measured, I just sized it to what looks good.
4. I put the two pieces together with my trusty ATG!
5. I added pink buttons because I felt it tied the little pink flowers with the banner and gave it a little bit of dimension and interest. I use the extra small Zots to stick my buttons onto my projects.
6. I bough Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps from my favorite local scrapbook store, Cool Scrapbook Stuff. I used the stamp that best fit the banner.
7. I used my VersaMagic Black Chalk ink to stamp the “Kind Birthday Wishes” stamp onto my banner.
8. I used my favorite dimensional adhesives that I usually get at Hobby Lobby. They are from The Paper Studio and are called “Sticky doos.” The pack contains big and small dimensional adhesives and the small ones were perfect for the banner. I love to “pop” up pieces on my cards. I think this works out well for this card.
9. Here is the finished card!
And here is the final card..
Hope you enjoyed it!